The Cold War Heats Up
These charts show the numbers of submarine launched intercontinental ballistic missiles, long range bombers capable of attacking other nations with nuclear weapons and land based intercontinental missiles. These missiles were designed to carry a nuclear payload and strike from a vast distance away.
Primary Source Document Questions:
- What is the main idea contained within this document?
- What is going on in the country/world in the dates this document was shows?
- Is this document a reliable source? Why or why not? (Is there bias?)
- What are 2 facts that you have learned in class or on your own that you can connect to this document?
- How does this primary source contribute to our understanding of the time frame and/or history?
- Does this put the US or the USSR in an unflattering light?