Economics of the Great Depression
Part 1 of 1: Watch Crash Course The Great Depression and answer the questions that follow.
- Much of the consumer consumption of the 1920’s was fueled by what system of payment?
- What sector of Americans suffered throughout the 1920’s despite new technological innovations?
- By 1929, bankers were in the unusual position of loaning more money for stock market investments than commercial investment. What does this mean?
- When did we find ourselves in a similar situation to question #3?
- What is deflation? Why is it worse than inflation?
- What is the Hawley-Smoot Tariff? And why was it so bad for America?
- By early 1932 what percent of the labor force was out of work?
- Who is Dorothea Lange and what is her connection to the great depression?
- What are Hoovervilles? Who were they named after?
- Why are questions about the Great Depression still controversial?