Part 1 of 3: Examine the chart below on the cause and effects of the Russian Revolution. Then answer the questions that follow.
- What role did World War I play in the Democratic February/March Revolution and the Communist October/November Revolution?
- Why were the effects of the March/February Revolution also causes of the Bolshevik Revolution?
Part 2 of 3: Examine the chart and reading below on the evolution of communist thought from Marx to Lenin. Then answer the question that follows.
- How did Lenin’s ideas about communism differ from those of Marx?
Part 3 of 3: Examine map below on the Russian Revolution and Civil War, then answer the questions that follow.
- What extent of Bolshevik controlled territory in 1919? What do you notice about Bolshevik controlled territory?
- Which European countries had territory no longer within Russian boundaries because of the Treaty of Brest-Litovsk?