Imperialism in the Middle East
Part 1 of 1: Watch the following video on Imperialism in Africa, Asia and the Middle East, then answer the following questions.
Crash Course Imperialism Questions:
- What goods did the British entice the Chinese to buy despite the Chinese not having any need for British made goods?
- Was the Treaty of Nanjing favorable to China? What were the terms?
- Why was Europe able to project its power and influence into Africa during the 19th century?
- What does “C” Stand for?
- What natural resources were taken from colonies and used to fuel the Industrial Revolution?
- What “made the difference” for Europeans to finally colonize the interior of Africa?
- What is “rule through and by the natives”?
- Who are the Maori?
- How was Egypt conquered by the British?
- What role did the Suez Canal play in the British takeover of Egypt?