Assignment 5-2: Types of Imperialism
Part 1 of 2: Look over the charts below on the different types of imperialism.
Part 2 of 2: Answer the following questions relating to the charts above.
- Which forms of imperialism are guided by interests in business or trade? (There should be 2!)
- What is the difference between a protectorate and a colony?
- In which management method are the people less empowered to rule themselves? Explain.
- In what ways are the two management methods different?
Part 1 of 1: Carefully reflect upon the charts above and then complete the following questions.
- Why would an Imperializing power prefer a sphere of influence or economic imperialism over a colony or protectorate?
- What form of imperialism would be best to rule over people who are resisting imperialism?
- Economic Imperialism is the dominant form of Imperialism in the world today. Find 3 examples of a business or company that is able to manipulate a sovereign country, state or town. Include the business, the state and an explanation.