Assignment 8: The Corsican Corporal
Part 1 of 2: Watch the 30 minute documentary on Napoleon’s rise to power from a poor corporal in the French Army to the leader of France. Video is found here or at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjDFkYH5jUM
Part 2 of 2: While watching the film complete or upon its conclusion complete the guided questions found below.
- How does Napoleon feel about the revolution? Why?
- What French port city did Napoleon report to to ensure the city did not fall into British hands?
- What was the result of Napoleon’s attack on the city in question number 2?
- In three months Napoleon had gone from what rank to Brigadier General?
- How did Napoleon defeat the Paris mob that tried to overthrow the Government?
- How old was Napoleon when he became General of the Interior?
- Finish this sentence stated by one of Napoleon’s Generals: “I don’t know why, but….”
- After defeating the Piedmontese in Northern Italy, Napoleon frequently letters to Josephine. Who is Josephine?
- What happened at the Italian town of Lodi?
- After Napoleon defeated the Austrians, where was his next expedition headed?
- What were some changes Napoleon made to France during the brief time of peace under his rule?