Assignment 5: A turn for the worse
Part 1 of 1: Analyze the painting “The Death of Marat” by Jacques-Louis David as a detective would analyze a crime scene. Then fill out the dossier below the painting.
Research the actual murder of Jean-Paul Marat and write a 1 paragraph summary explaining who committed the crime and his/her motive.
Crime Scene Investigation:
1. How was the victim killed?
2. What is the murder weapon?
3. What information can you identify about the perpetrator ? Man/Woman, Left/Right handed etc
4. In what room did the murder take place?
5. Did the victim know the perpetrator ? How can you tell?
6. What condition was the victim in before he was killed?
7. Was this a crime of passion or did the perpetrator plan this event? How do you know?